The Velux pine centre pivot roof window offers great energy efficiency as well as fantastic cosmetic appeal. The Velux GGL 3066 is comes with the recommended Velux glass. It is a triple glazed unit that offers maximum energy efficiency and comes with an easy to clean Anti-dew coating.
The Velux GGL 3066 is easy to install with click on covers as well improved insulation features. The Velux GGL 3066 is suitable for roof pitches between 15-90 degrees.
U Value of the window is 1.0 W/m²K
These maintenance free windows are a must have for any home.
- Comfortable top control bar.
- The window swivels 180° in its frame, this makes cleaning easy.
- Stylish pine finish with smooth rounded corners for that modern look.
- Waterproof and maintenance-free.
- Obscure glazing available, ideal for bathrooms.
Use of the ventilation flap
To enjoy fresh air even when the window is fully closed, pull the control bar lightly downwards to open the ventilation flap. The window will remain locked, but air can enter the room through a built-in air filter that keeps out dust, insects and driving snow.
Opening and closing the window
Pull the control bar once more to open the window. Friction springs in the hinges allow the sash to be parked in partially open positions. The window is closed by pushing upwards firmly on the control bar to lock the sash and close the ventilation flap.
The built-in barrel bolt allows you to fix the window in an open position. The barrel bolt is placed in the top right part of the window, and slides into the bushing at the top of the side frame.
Cleaning the pane
To clean the outer pane, rotate the sash 180 degrees. The sash must be secured in position by sliding the barrel bolt into the bushing at the bottom of the side frame. This safety feature leaves both hands free for cleaning.
Clean the pane with a soft, clean, lint-free cloth/chamois leather/nonabrasive sponge or a clean, non-metal window squeegee. Clean water will normally be sufficient for cleaning the pane. Ordinary, non-abrasive household cleaners can also be used. Soft water is best for cleaning panes. Therefore, in hard-water areas add a small amount of detergent to soften the water or wipe off all excess water after cleaning.
- Avoid contact from silicone with the pane.
- Do not use any cleaning products containing abrasive particles.
- Do not use highly acidic or (highly) alkaline household cleaners for cleaning the pane.
- Avoid contact with the pane from all sharp or abrasive objects including jewellery.
- Never attempt to clean off dirt on the pane without first applying water.
- If any works are taking place in the vicinity of the pane, protect the pane with a clean plastic sheet to prevent any splashes or staining from aggressive and abrasive compounds.