We offer a range of insulated plasterboard from the UK's leading manufacturers. It is ideal when space in the cavity is limited.
What is Insulated Plasterboard?
- It is growing in popularity with consumers as the favourite to make home energy more efficient, save money on energy bills and is a great option for its thermal properties as it reduces heat loss significantly.
- It can be placed in any area of your home or building including ceilings, roofs, within walls and underneath flooring.
- Our range is great for both new build projects and refurbishments.
- Thermal plasterboard has a plasterboard sheet with an attached insulation board giving fantastic insulating properties.
- We offer cheap prices and delivery throughout the UK.
- It is a type of plasterboard that is fitted with insulation foam.
- Insulated plasterboard is available in a range of thicknesses and sizes.
- It can be used for a multitude of applications. Some of these include insulating internal walls, improving installation of cavity walls, for loft conversions and garage conversions.
- Check out the Celotex PL4000, it is one of our most popular products.
- Installing it brings a whole host of benefits to your home.
- Thermal plasterboard is one of the most cost-effective insulation methods in comparison to competitors.
- Future costs will be kept down due to the energy efficiency of thermal plasterboard.
- Heating bills and Co2 emissions are cut down due to the thermal insulation board having a high-level the moral resistance.
- This means your home will be kept cool in the warm summer months and warm during the cold winter months.
Making a Choice
You can choose your thermal insulated plasterboard by the level of thermal thickness and ability from low-level to very high-level thermal performance. You will see our different insulated plasterboards meet different class ratings and comply with different requirements depending on the level of the thermal layer.
We stock a range of insulated plasterboards sizes to also accommodate timber frame constructions and window reveals.
It does not have to be difficult to install.
It is becoming increasingly easier to install insulation, and thermal insulated plasterboard is no exception. It is possible to use it in walls and ceilings. When installing Insulated Plasterboard, a common practice is the "Dot and Dab" process.
When installing any form of Insulated Plasterboard it is important to read the manufacturers description and information first. Typically most Insulated Plasterboard can be installed similarly however double checking is always advised.
Dot and Dab is a simple way of installing it. Starting by checking the surface you are attaching it to. It must be smooth, clean, and dry in order to make your efforts 100% effective. Measuring the all to ensure you have enough of the product is a key step when installing.
- Making sure you have enough ensures that your efforts are not wasted and your installation will go smoothly.
- When you have prepared your adhesive in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines you can begin applying it to your choice of surface.
- A line should be applied to the surface covering the perimeter of the product is covered, preventing any infestations or gaps between the Insulated Plasterboard and the surface.
- Once the perimeter is covered you can begin the dot and dab process.
- Dots and Dabs should be placed on your chosen surface.
- These dots and dabs often differ depending on the size of the Insulated Plasterboard and how the manufacturer advises installation.
- A common practice for dots and dabs is to keep them no more than 25mm thick and no more than 25mm apart from the board edge. 50mm in width and 250mm in length is also a common size for the dots and dabs.
- When placing it onto the surface it is advised to do this carefully and firmly.
- Holding it level with the floor and ceiling. Hold firmly until you believe the adhesive is firmly set.
- Tap onto it to make sure it is firmly set. It is important to note that some Insulated Plasterboard requires fixings to hold the board in place.
- This is why we advise to always check the manufacturer's advice on installation of your product.
What Thicknesses are Available?
Insulated Plasterboard can come in a variety of sizes from 9mm to 15mm. With a variety of sizes it makes it easier to complete your project to the standard you require.