What are Polystyrene Sheets
Essentially, Polystyrene Sheets are thin layers of material that are based on polystyrene foam. The polystyrene foam is made up of hydrocarbon molecules that come from petroleum. The foam is inserted with the help of air pressure and then it is carefully molded into Polystyrene Sheets. Polystyrene Sheets are the same shape and size of plywood and drywall.
What are Polystyrene Sheets Used For?
- Polystyrene Sheets are mainly used for building insulation. They come in a panel form and are installed between and under roofing, cavities in walls and sidings.
- Many homeowners install Polystyrene Sheets as they want to improve thermal resistance between their interior and exterior surfaces.
- Polystyrene Sheets are often used to provide protection of goods when being shipped
- They’re also used to line freezers and coolers as they hold good thermal properties
Types of Polystyrene Sheets
There are two types of Polystyrene Sheets. These are different because of the manufacturing process.
- Extruded Polystyrene Sheets are manufactured using Polystyrene beads. The Polystyrene beads are melted and inserted through a metal die or mold. These sheets hold a close cell structure and are very dense. Extruded Polystyrene Sheets are also stronger, stiffer and more durable compared to other Polystyrene Sheets
- Expanded Polystyrene Sheets are also manufactured using Polystyrene beads however they are inserted with air and rightly pressed in molds. These Polystyrene Sheets are constructed using a less dense method compared with extruded Polystyrene Sheets
Advantages of Polystyrene Sheets
- They are very versatile and are manufactured as sheets to withstand higher impact
- Polystyrene Sheets are malleable as they are a thermoplastic, they can be reshaped more than once making them easily recyclable
- Polystyrene Sheets reduce noise, homeowners can enjoy and quieter home that is properly insulation
- Polystyrene Sheets are waterproof which can prevent from water damage to your home
- Polystyrene Sheets are a low thermal conductor, keeping your home warm in the Winter but cool in the Summer
- As a result of its great insulating properties, Polystyrene Sheets will help save money on heating and cooling bills all year round
- Polystyrene Sheets are easy to install and environmentally friendly
Our Range of Polystyrene Sheets
Our Range of Polystyrene Sheets are from industry leading brand Gyproc and are available in a variety of thicknesses and widths depending on the level of insulation you desire. Our Polystyrene Sheets are available in packs, are easy to cut and handle and simple to install.
£76.13 (inc. VAT) £63.44 (ex. VAT)
£75.95 (inc. VAT) £63.29 (ex. VAT)
£83.59 (inc. VAT) £69.66 (ex. VAT)
£74.60 (inc. VAT) £62.17 (ex. VAT)
£146.28 (inc. VAT) £121.90 (ex. VAT)
£8.27 (inc. VAT) £6.89 (ex. VAT)
£151.92 (inc. VAT) £126.60 (ex. VAT)
£17.80 (inc. VAT) £14.83 (ex. VAT)
£167.20 (inc. VAT) £139.33 (ex. VAT)
£68.74 (inc. VAT) £57.28 (ex. VAT)
£149.22 (inc. VAT) £124.35 (ex. VAT)
£25.43 (inc. VAT) £21.19 (ex. VAT)