Door Handles are an important finishing touch to any interior, they are an additional option for interjecting more personality and character into your interior.
Sometimes the most simple functional necessities like Door Handles can be the one fitment that adds style and elegance to your home. Because of this, we have prioritised this fundamental fixture by providing you with almost 600 different door handles. You are able to find the exact door handle for your internal doors, external doors and furniture.
The perfect door handle fulfills two criteria: Firstly function, and secondly, style. Door handles are fundamentally a operational prerequisite. This does not mean they cannot equally be a stand alone design feature in their own right. Much like any other decorative interior element, door handles can add to the luxury and sophistication of a styled period home. They can be an integral fitting in a cutting edge modern interior.
Following our guide to choosing your door handles you can then best choose from our extensive range of over 600 hundred products. These are available in all kinds of style, shape, material, and finish. You are sure to find the door handles to match your style and specifications.
Door Handles may be physically a small item but the style of Door Handle you choose must go with the overall theme of your home. They must be fit for purpose, long lasting and suitable for carrying out an important day-to-day function.
Our Range of Door Handles
We have an extensive portfolio of backplate and circular rose lever door handles in both period and modern style. Available in a range of finishes like brass, nickel, stainless steel, chrome and black alloy.
Our lever door handles are available with or without locking mechanisms and keyholes. They can be purchased as single units, multi buys or as part of a complete ironmongery door set. Should you need the buy all your joinery components together in one assembly.
If you are looking for an alternative to lever or pull door handles, we offer a beautiful collection of classic door knobs. Our extensive collection of door knobs includes the ever popular
- Victorian brass variant
- Polished chrome
- Satin nickel
All our door knobs are available in a range of sizes so that they can be utilised for furniture and cupboards alongside your household doors.
Door Handles Brands
Door handles are probably one of the most extensively used fixtures in the home and as such their function and quality will always be a priority. We stock door handles at a range of price points from trusted industry experts like
This to assure you of high caliber door handles with every purchase.
How to Choose your Door Handles
Buying Door Handles can be a tedious task and ironically most home owners forget the best place to start – the door! Not only should your Door Handles tie in with other design elements of your home, they should match perfectly with your door. With so many styles of doors to choose from, Art Deco, Contemporary, Victorian to name a few, we’ve made sure our range of Door Handles is extensive.
Building Supplies Online is an expert supplier of door handles for your internal doors. Our range includes almost 600 different products. You are sure to find the door handles to suit your needs and add the perfect finish to your internal doors. To help you with your choice of door handles you might find it useful to consider the following points in our guide.
What Style of Door and Room are you Choosing Door Handles for?
The perfect door handle can provide an attractive, and striking feature of your doors decorative style. It's not merely a functional piece of door furniture. But to do this you have to choose a style door handle that matches the style of your door and your overall decorative style.
Are you decorating in a traditional style with complementary doors? You might prefer Victorian style door handles, or Georgian style door handles. This is because of their characteristic scroll designs to fit in with this look. Are you decorating in a modern style? You might then prefer a modern, designer door handle, typically with the handle based on a rose rather than a back plate. These feature a sleek, straight or curved designer handle.
Who Will be Using the Door Handles in your Home?
- As well as looking great you want to make sure that your door handle is easy to use for all the people living in your home.
- This is so everyone can get in and out of the room with ease.
- If you have small children or if you are elderly then you might prefer a lever door handle rather than a traditional door knob shaped door handle.
- These can be easier to grasp and turn for people with limited hand mobility.
- Thicker lever shaped door handles are also easier to use than thinner shapes.
- If you choose a lever shape door handle you should also think about the different sizes of hands that people have who will be using the door handles.
- You will want to choose a design with enough clearance between the lever and the face of the door so that everyone can use the door handles comfortably.
Are there any Additional Safety Concerns?
- Traditional door knobs positioned at head height for small children playing in your home might be an accident risk.
- So if you have small children you might prefer a lever shaped door handle.
- They are design without sharp corners or sharp points that they might injure themselves on in the event of an accident.
What Material is Best for your Door Handles?
- Your choice will often depend on the shape and style of door handle that you prefer.
- Consider the style of door and room that your door handle needs to complement.
- If you live in coastal regions, or regions with high humidity you might also prefer a more durable, corrosion resistant material.
What Finish is Best for your Door Handles?
- Our metal door handles made from chrome, brass, nickel, and stainless steel are available in different finishes.
- Which finish you prefer will often depend on look that you are hoping to achieve and the style of your door and rooms.
- You might also consider how easy it will be to keep your door handles clean and looking their best.
- If you have small children whose hands are prone to get messy when they play, you might prefer a brushed finish for your door handles.
- This material shows marks less.
How Much do you Want to Spend on your Door Handles?
If you are changing door handles on a number of internal doors through your home you will want to consider how many door handles you will need in total.
- Whether you want the same style of door handles on all of your doors, and your total budget for fitting all of your door furniture.
- This will help you decide how much you want to spend on each of your door handles.
- Our selection of door handles includes products at a wide range of price points.
- Whatever your budget you are sure to find door handles that provide the look and functionality you want at great value and affordability.
What Style of Door Face Fitting do I want for my Door Handles?
Door handles attached to the door face with a backplate can provide a more traditional look with a lever handle or a mortice door knob shape.
- It's common with classic styles such as the Victorian look, or the Georgian look with its characteristic ornate scrolls.
- A backplate fitting also provides an easy placing for a locking mechanism. If you are choosing door handles for a bathroom, or another internal door that you want to be able to lock.
- Door handles attached to the door face with a circular or square rose fitting typically provide a more modern look. However a rose fitting can also give you a traditional look if you choose door knob shaped door handles instead of a lever shape.
- If you want to add a lock to your internal door with your rose-fitted door handles you will need to pair them with etruscheons.
- You can buy these from our complementary selection to fit the locking mechanism into your door.
Do you have Preferred Brand of Door Handles that you want to use?
- If you have fitted door handles from a particular brand elsewhere in your home you might prefer to choose other door handles from that brand.
- That's if you are especially happy with their quality and style.
- We stock door handles from trusted, high quality brands.
So you are sure to find the right door handles for you whichever brand you choose.
Do you want a Latch Pack Encorporating Door Handles, Door Hinges, and Locking Mechanism?
If you are still unsure how you want to match your door furniture you can choose from a number of latch packs.
- These include complementary door handles and other door furniture and ensure your internal doors will have a great look.
- A selection of our Chrome Door Handles are scratch and tarnish resistant and bled into nearly any décor without being overlooked.
- When planning your door installation, take a look at our guide on standard door sizes to make sure you are ordering the correct door.
If you would like additional information regarding our range of doors do not hesitate to get in touch with us.