Items 1-12 of 340
- Marshalls Drivesett Tegula Pennant Grey Concrete Block PavingAs low as £396.61 Inc. VAT
Your driveway is the first thing that people see when they come to your home so attractive driveway paving can help make a great impression on casual and formal visitors.
What is Block Paving?
Block Paving Bricks are essentially paving blocks shaped like bricks, also known as driveway blocks. It is laid with a restraint on the edge over a granular bedding course. The Paving Blocks interlock and are best suited to pedestrian areas, driveways and patios.
It is usually made up of concrete, clay or other composite materials such as recycled glass and building debris. Block Paving bricks are a much smaller and thicker block making them a perfect option for driveways.
- It offers excellent durability and strength and is resistant to almost any chemical
- It can withstand a lot of foot traffic making it perfect for heavy duty areas like industrial units, container stacking areas and pavements
- It allows for natural drainage and can last longer than other paving options when it’s maintained correctly
- It is a brilliant way to pave and landscape the outside areas of your home.
- It is robust enough for the weight and movement of vehicles so is ideal for driveways
- Single blocks can be removed or replaced if need be to allow for pipework or anything under the paving to be attended to
There are several patterns used in block paving. The most popular due to its strength is the herringbone design; others include stretcher bond and basket weave patterns. Another option is to use a circle kit as a feature within your patio or driveway. These are great, especially in a square or rectangular shaped area as the circle will add curves and interest to your garden or driveway.
Making a Choice
There are many shades and colours of block paving to choose from. When working on your paving project, it is best to work from several packs of bricks at the same time to avoid blocks of colour forming from one box, this way you get a good colour mix.
We usually recommend using two colour options, one main colour and a darker shade to mark out edges of steps and path boundaries.
- If you prefer a regular look to your driveway, our range of driveway paving includes packs that are uniform in colour and size. These are designed to be laid in a regular overlap pattern.
- Alternatively, if you want to produce a more creative look in your driveway, we offer driveway Block Paving packs with blocks that are varied in colour. These are available in a range of sizes and are designed to be laid in a more elaborate pattern across your driveway.
- As well as a choice of appearance and configuration you can choose driveway paving that creates a flat finish to your driveway or that produces a cobbled effect.
- You can select impermeable driveway paving, or that comprises blocks that are permeable so that they will allow surface water to drain away.
All our packs are available at a great value price, so you can find the right driveway paving for you.
How to Lay
When it comes to laying your Driveway, follow these simple steps;
- Dig 150mm minimum below a damp-proof course with a slight slope, so any rainwater drains away
- Layer and compact a sub-base and layer the sand until it reaches the desired height
- Lay your Block Paving on top reaching 15mm above level before compacting
- Sweep the sand into all joints
How much does block paving cost?
Our range of block paving starts at the cost of £207.13 and ranges from there. It is worth noting that block paving can seem expensive, however the paving will cover a widespread area.
If you have any question regarding any of our products feel free to talk to our experts on live chat.