Why Use Roof Windows?
- Roof windows are a great way to add light to your home.
- The interest in roof windows and skylights, especially VELUX Windows has really increased over recent years.
- Roof windows enable you to create new rooms in your home.
- They are a must have when doing a pitched roof project, especially when doing a loft conversion as they really do bring light into to your home.
- Roof windows reduce the need for artificial lighting, as well as providing ventilation and are energy efficient.
- They achieve all of this while bringing to life roof spaces that would otherwise be unusable.
All Roof Windows carry benefits. These benefits are accentuated with VELUX's extensive range. Everything from the materials used, the craftsmanship and the design of the windows is industry leading and cutting edge. VELUX Windows understand their customers and genuinely care about how their products fit and work in your home.
Finding the Best Roof Windows
Before choosing your Roof Windows you need to consider how much daylight you would like. Also which direction you would like the daylight to come from.
Choose from our 3 VELUX Windows options
- Centre Pivot
- Top Hung
Choose from our 3 VELUX Windows finishes
- White Painted Pine Wood
- White Polyurethane
- Natural Pine
VELUX are an established and well-known manufacturer of roof windows with an enviable reputation. They use the latest technology for insulation and automation. This works with smart home technology, maximises solar power plus great designs, it's no wonder VELUX windows have such a big market share.
When you handle, install and use a VELUX product you know there is no compromise made. VELUX Windows come in many different styles and sizes. All with flashing kits that are proven to work and keep your VELUX Window secure and watertight. VELUX have incorporated technology all aimed at improving your user experience. Examples include:
- Indoor Climate control
- Smoke ventilation systems
- Solar or electrically powered windows
VELUX Windows do not just produce excellent windows but the whole experience and usage of that window are also catered for. When you buy a VELUX Window you know that not only are you buying the best, but you are covered for everything from remote controls to balconies.
Types of Roof Windows
When choosing from our roof windows selection you will want to consider the operating usage too.
- Solar powered windows are increasing in popularity as they are easy, time and cost effective to install. There is no need for expensive contractors due to the elimination of electrics to install. The solar-powered windows are pre-installed with a hidden motor and come with a fully programmable remote. This operates individual or groups of roof windows, blinds and roller shutters anywhere in the building. Solar roof windows just require exposure to direct sunlight.
- Roof windows fitted to a pitched roof can be centre pivoted, top hung, or side hung. They feature an automated opening if required via electric or solar power operation. Balcony and roof terrace windows are a wonderful way to transform a room such as our VELUX Twin Roof Terrace Windows.
After you have made your selection from our roof windows range why not browse our roof windows accessories. These include:
- Dimming blinds
- Black-out blinds
- Security locks
- Opening restrictions
- Wind deflectors
At Building Supplies Online we are proud to offer VELUX rooflights. You can be confident that if you choose VELUX rooflights from our range then you will be installing a high quality window. They are specifically designed to be installed in a roof to optimise the light coming into your home.
Our range of VELUX rooflights includes VELUX rooflights that are suitable for all kinds of sloping or flat roofs. You can choose VELUX rooflights with the frame design and opening mechanism to suit the style of your room.
- We also offer conservation VELUX rooflights. This is for where local conservation regulations place restrictions of the appearance of your home.
- Our conservation VELUX rooflights are designed to sit flush with the roof. They are finished in black with a centre bar to match the style of traditional windows. They offer the insulation and maintenance advantages of modern windows.
- In addition to our roof windows for sloping roofs we also offer roof windows for flat roofs. Our flat roof window range includes flat roof VELUX rooflights with all kinds of opening mechanism.
- We offer flat or domed finishes, as well as eye catching roof lanterns. These are ideal for conservatories and gazebos where they flood your room with natural light.
- We offer VELUX rooflights sun lanterns that can help bring natural light into darker spaces inside your home. The specially designed tubing that maximises the flow of light.
VELUX Prices & Sizes
Our VELUX prices are priced at Low Trade Prices with full price information on each of our VELUX products. Our low VELUX prices mean you can complete your project knowing you are buying your VELUX at the best price.
VELUX are available in many different sizes to enable you to find the perfect VELUX Window for your project. Our VELUX Size Guide will give you all the VELUX size information to enable you to order the correct size. Our team are also on hand to guide you on 01295 235536
What size VELUX Window?
VELUX is a great brand well known for their high-quality products and their vast range in shapes and sizes. If you are looking for a particular size window, don't worry, VELUX windows will supply it.
What is the difference between a roof window and a skylight?
There is no significant difference between a Roof Window and a Skylight. You might find that a Skylight is more suited to a flat roof; however, you can still install a roof window on a flat roof.
What sizes do Velux windows come in?
VELUX windows come in a variety of sizes. The smallest being 55cm x 78cm. If you're looking for a cheap VELUX window, then the smallest size window will be the best suited to you.
Do you need planning permission for a roof window?
You do not need planning permission to re-roof your house or install any roof windows or roof lights. This only applies to any roof alterations to projects no more than 150mm from the existing roof.