Explore our range of quality Front Doors designed to enhance your home and security.
Whether you’re building a new home, replacing your front door or planning for entries to your garden, we offer a variety of External Doors to suit. Replacing External Doors is an excellent way of updating your home. They enhance your property's character as well as improving home safety.
Things to Consider
Front Door considerations include:
- Security Features
It’s worth taking time to research and compare external front doors. This is to make sure your choice no only matches your home style but is also the best value for your budget.
Your Front Door is visible to the world outside and the private interior of your home, therefore the style of your External Doors is an important consideration. It allows you to express your personality and can also make your home more inviting.
Making a Choice
- Make getting a quality front door your number one priority. A quality front door is essential so that you have a durable product that offers security for your home and provides sufficient insulation to keep your home warm in the cold weather.
- The design you choose can set the tone for your home. We offer a choice for natural wood or painted. These will both have a significant impact on the first impression of your home.
- Painted choices could be striking. Colours such as the classic red front door or a more subtle colour such as dove grey or sage green are all included in our range.
- Make sure the style and material meet restrictions for your home and your area. If your home is a listed or period building, or if it is in a conservation area there may be constraints on what you can add to your home.
How much are front doors?
All external doors tend to be higher in price compared to internal doors as they are more durable and secure. However, we do offer cheap front doors in a wide variety of external doors.
Can you Use Front Doors Inside?
Yes, you can. Just be mindful that they open inwards, but you can use reverse hinges. They are wider than internal ones. They may need to be trimmed to fit your door frames, therefore causing loss of symmetry. However using exterior doors inside isn't always the best process if you're looking to save money, as exterior doors tend to cost more than other doors.
- Take time to measure up correctly.
- Use our door guide to standard door sizes to make sure you order the right size.
- It is often best to get a professional to install your front doors due to the complexity of the measurements and fitting.
External Door Maintenance
- Think about the maintenance, as with any door. Keeping it in good repair will not only mean it looks good but also serves a security role. As different External Doors vary in durability, resistance to weather, and the insulation they provide, certain materials will require more maintenance.
- Some exterior doors are manufactured to such a high quality that they will require no maintenance. If you want a Front Door that needs little special care you could choose one from our Composite Door section. These provide the look and feel of wood but without the maintenance needs.
What are composite external doors?
Composite doors are made from a collection of materials that are glued together then compressed. This design helps Composite External Doors be robust, durable and weather-resistant.
Can you replace glass in front doors?
Of course you can, and it is easier then it sounds. An exterior door with glass has the glazing held in with mouldings, to replace them you need to get the glass free of the mouldings. Sometimes it might be beneficial getting a professional to do this. A lot of front doors for sale will in fact feature some glazing as it makes them more appealling to look at and add a contemporary feel to the household.
Are wood doors energy efficient?
When purchasing a wooden front door, it is worth noting that the core will not be made out of solid wood. The core will be made of several materials which will help the door insulate heat at a better rate. You can buy solid oak front doors in the UK; however, these tend to be slightly more expensive. External wooden doors are generally efficient as they are a natural insulator; hence why investing in a wooden front door, UK is a beneficial idea. It is always worth investing indoors, which are efficient in keeping in the heat, especially your outside doors.