Wall Tiles Range Offer
V&A Basics Wall Tile Burgundy 152mm x 76mm 88 Per Pack - VA03162£64.43 Inc. VATOut of stock
V&A Plain Wall Tile Cobalt Field 152mm x 76mm 88 Per Pack - VA03155£64.43 Inc. VATOut of stock
V&A Puddle Glazes Wall Tile Peacock 152mm x 76mm 88 Per Pack - VA2005£75.70 Inc. VATOut of stock
Wall Tile Laura Ashley Artisan Pale Biscuit 75mm x 300mm LA51577 22 Tile Per Pack£26.58 Inc. VATOut of stock
Wall tiles are the most simple and effective way to transform the look of a room. From a simple and sophisticated wall tile, designed to promote a peaceful and calming environment, to a modern, eye-catching feature wall. Wall tiles have the ability to give a room personality and convert any area into something unique, allowing you to stamp your style on your home.
Not only are wall tiles extremely versatile, they are easy to clean and maintain. All that is required to keep your wall tiles looking spic and span is a wipe over every now and again. Highly durable and therefore long lasting, wall tiles are suitable for almost every room in the house. With so many colours, shapes, patterns, textures and finishes available, it is easy to find the perfect tiles for your home.
Choosing your Wall Tiles
- Colourful wall tiles can drastically alter a plain and uninviting living space and transform it into something stylish and welcoming. It can awaken plain décor by adding a striking wall feature or tiles can be subtly added to freshen up a room. Bold colour wall tiles will bring a vibrant and cheerful mood to your home, adding the ‘wow’ factor to a space.
- Whether you are aiming for a coloured tile which coordinates to your existing colour theme or you prefer a more eclectic look to your home, this can be achieved through adding coloured wall tiles to your decor.
- If you are unsure as to the what sort of colour and style of wall tile you are looking for, then you cannot go wrong with white. Simple, fresh and clean cut, white tiles brings serenity to a room as well as a multitude of benefits. From making an area appear more spacious, to the lightness provided by an all-white tiled wall. Add colour and texture to your white tiled room by accessorising. You can add splashes of colour with items such as kitchen utensils, picture frames, rugs, furniture, the list is endless.
- Patterned tiles can be used in a variety of ways. Some prefer to use patterned wall tiles for an entire wall or living space whereas others prefer to use tiles to create a focal point or a surround. Whichever way you decide to use pattern tiles, there is a style to suit you.
- Geometric, floral, embossed, patchwork or textured there are so many beautiful and stylish options to choose from guaranteeing to give you that special look for your home.
Shape and Size
- Wall tiles come in a huge range of shapes and sizes from tiny tiles to extra-large.
- Smaller sized tiles are generally more suited to larger spaces and those with less living space often use larger tiles to give the impression of a bigger space.
- In order to create something a little different, mixing sizes of the same tile can create interesting effect.
- If you want to truly achieve something unique then mixing tile shapes can be an ideal way bring personality to a design.
It is always a good idea to request wall tile samples in order to ensure that you are choosing the right tile for your space. It is important to ‘try out’ several wall tile designs in order to give you an idea of the overall look and the impact the wall tiles will have on your area. Most companies allow you to purchase a range of different wall tiles so you can take your time deciding which best suits your design ideas.
Sample tiles can also provide you with a realistic sizing guide ensuring you order the correct amount of wall tiles for the job.
Tiling a Wall
Whether you plan to tile the wall yourself or have a professional complete the work for you, below is a list of considerations and tips for you to peruse. Don’t forget that tiling a wall is time consuming, requires a level of skills and can be costly if done incorrectly.
Measuring for your Wall Tiles
It is vitally important that you measure the area you intend to tile correctly. An incorrect measurement could mean you are short on tiles or end up not correctly spacing. Check and re check you measurements and be sure to order enough tiles to allow for any breakages.
Before tiling a wall, you need to make certain there are no hidden pipes to be aware of. You need to ensure you detect any piping work and mark these areas in pencil in order to ensure extra care is taken not to hammer or drill through these.
Before purchasing your tiles, read up on the different tile materials available and ensure they are suitable for your intended use and space.
How to Tile a Wall
- Firstly you will require a notched spreader in order to apply the adhesive.
- Once the adhesive has been applied, the tiles can start to be placed on the wall.
- The tile should be place and then twisted into position.
- When applying a row of tiles ensure you leave adequate spacing for the grout, tile spaces are essential in order to create even joints.