Items 1-12 of 312
- Quickstep Castello Barrel Brown Oak Oiled Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
- Quickstep Castello Honey Oak Oiled Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
- Quickstep Castello Cappucino Oak Oiled Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
- Quickstep Castello Dune White Oak Oiled Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
- Quickstep Castello Natural Heritage Oak Matt Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
- Quickstep Castello Havanna Smoked Oak Matt Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
- Quickstep Castello Silk Oak Extra Matt Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
- Quickstep Castello Coffee Brown Oak Matt Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
- Quickstep Castello Pure Oak Matt Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
- Quickstep Castello Polar Oak Matt Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
- Quickstep Castello Wenge Oak Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
- Quickstep Castello Snow White Oak Extra Matt Engineered Wood Flooring 1.58m2Out of stock
Explore our selection of wood flooring from industry leading brands.
Engineered wood flooring is a great choice for adding the look of real wood floors to any room in your house.
If you like the look of a classic wood floor but don’t want to spend excessive amounts of money to get one, Engineered Wood Flooring is the right choice for you. Made with a layer of genuine hardwood on a plywood base, Engineered Wood Flooring provides an excellent alternative to solid wood floors or laminate flooring. Once installed, it is very hard to tell the difference between Engineered Wood Flooring and standard wood, but you also reap many benefits you wouldn’t get with the latter. The main advantages of this type of flooring include added stability to adapt to your preferred installation method, lower purchase cost, and increased resistance to dampness or extreme temperatures. The high durability of Engineered Wood Flooring means that each product can be covered with a lengthy warranty, ensuring that it will last for years to come. Engineered Wood Flooring can also be produced in a wide variety of colours and patterns to suit your personal tastes. Browse our range of Flooring Accessories to ensure that you keep your flooring maintained.
What is Wood Flooring?
Engineered wood flooring is a far more economical choice than real hardwood flooring, while retaining the warm look and feel of real wood. Engineered wood flooring is also called composite wood flooring as it is a man made wood with the base made of multiple layers of different composite woods such as plywood. The top layer of engineered wood flooring is real wood of between 2mm and 6mm thickness. Get some ideas on how to use your flooring with our Flooring Ideas page.
How to choose your Wood Flooring
You can choose woods such as walnut and oak, depending on the colour and look you are planning. The top wood layer is firmly bonded to the base layers, this reduces movement of the wood. Engineered wood flooring is very robust and stable as the base layers do not change size with fluctuating room temperatures and humidity levels as real wood would do. It is advisable to use underlay when laying engineered wood flooring as this helps with soundproofing and flexibility of the flooring, helping it to have an even longer lifespan.
Browse this section to find your perfect Engineered Wood Flooring, as we have a wealth of choices in stock. If you favour a traditional look, why not try our Basix Natural Oak design or our Tuscan Forte Barley Brushed flooring? Alternatively, you can discover darker shades, such as toffee or milk chocolate, and lighter shades like silver and white. These options demonstrate Engineered Wood Flooring with a modern edge, and they are sure to bring an updated, sophisticated look to any room. There are two basic pack sizes to choose from – 0.99m2 packs and 1.44m2 packs – so it is wise to consider the dimensions and requirements of your room when selecting your Engineered Wood Flooring. However, the individual planks come in different sizes; all the Basix designs have a standard width of 130mm and length of 1092mm, but the Tuscan Forte range represents a variety of lengths on offer.
Engineered wood flooring is also compatible with underfloor heating, and if you choose the click and link type of flooring you can easily move the floor panels and replace them if access to the sub floor is required. Engineered wood flooring is available in many finishes including oiled, lacquered, brushed or unfinished (the unfinished type will require sealing once laid with oil or lacquer). The great thing about engineered wood is that if there is a damaged area it can be sanded away and the floor resealed easily so maintaining the great look of your floor. Engineered wood flooring is available in many different plank sizes and even in parquet blocks, so you can choose the best fit for your project.
Keep your house trendy this year with our Top Flooring Trends of 2019 Page.