Roofing felt is a highly versatile roofing solution with many advantages.
Here at Building Supplies Online, we have a range of Roofing felt from IKO for you to choose from to provide those finishing touches to your roofing project. IKO has been producing innovative solutions for pitched roofs, the waterproofing industry and flat roofs for over a hundred years.
Below are some of the benefits of Roffing Felt and IKO as a manufacturer:
- It is an ever-growing popular roofing choice and comes with many benefits.
- Supplied by leading brand IKO, our huge range of felt roofing and flat roof felt accessories are the very best quality.
- Being an expert in this sector both IKO have made their roof felt and roof felt accessories from the highest quality materials.
It can be applied to flat roofs, pitched roofs or curved roofs making it very versatile. Roof felt easily bonds to materials like concrete, timber and metal deck roofs. The usual places of application for roofing felt tends to be extensions, sheds, garages and other outbuildings.
Roofing felt, also known as roof felt, is available in a variety of colours so you can achieve the look you want. It is quick and easy to install and can be installed in any weather making it a practical option.
Making a Choice
It comes in a variety of ranges all that have different characteristics. When choosing you need to ensure you have the correct characteristics for your purpose. Within our range we have Torch-On Felt, Shed Felt and Self Adhesive Roofing Felt.
It comes in a variety of colours and finishes to meet your requirements.
- Choose from green felt, black felt or sand felt or if you are after a textured finish a mineral roofing felt would be perfect.
- The mineral roofing felt, available in black and green, is coated with a decorative and protective mineral finish.
When it is applied it needs to be fitted with a minimum of 2 or 3 layers. This multi-layer method ensures a watertight, durable roof that will keep the building protected from the elements.
The first layer is usually nailed to the roof and is specifically an underlay. The layers after the first are generally bonded with adhesive. The felt roof is then finished off with a waterproof top layer that adds extra protection and utilises the durability of the roof felt.