Why Choose Sliding Doors?
Sliding Doors are a sleek and contemporary way of enhancing the look of your home. Not only do they look amazing they also provide many benefits over standard doors.
It’s clear to see why many homeowners opt for Sliding Doors over standard doors. Installing Sliding Doors in your home is a great way of expressing your personal style. Sliding Doors are available in both traditional and modern designs and can add character to an older property.
Installing Sliding Doors allows you to create different areas without blocking spaces off completely. This is create if you’re hosting parties but need a quiet areas or if you would like to split a lounge and dining area into separate rooms.
Unlike standard doors Sliding Doors do not take up valuable floor space. You would usually need to consider leaving a clear area around the opening of a conventional door. You don’t need to worry about leaving floor space free with Sliding Doors. This gives you more freedom to choose where you place them as well.
Not only will Sliding Doors save you space, they also give you peace and quiet. This is because of their sliding mechanism they don’t slam when you close them. The sliding mechanism will allows your door to slide open and close quietly. This is great if you have a house full of small children or like having external doors open which allow wind to pass through the house.
Installing a Sliding Door in your home will also give you more access. The opening is usually wider than a standard door. Making Sliding Doors a great option if you have a busy house, allowing more space for people to pass through each room quicker.
If you would like to increase the amount of natural light through your home glazed sliding doors are the perfect option. Sliding Doors with glass panels are a great way to brighten up your home. If you’re looking to create more light in a dark cottage or you’d like to create the illusion of more space consider installing Glazed Sliding Doors.
How to Choose your Sliding Doors
We offer a huge range of Sliding Doors in a variety of styles including;
With over 50 options available you’ll be sure to find the perfect Sliding Door for your home.
Our Sliding Doors from JELD-WEN offer easy glide mechanisms for a quiet and smoother closing action. These also feature a trackless design to keep flooring uninterrupted and free from hazards. Their Sliding Barn Doors are easy to install and look create in period homes. If you’re looking to create a distinctive upmarket look and want your Sliding Doors to stand the test of time, shop our JELD-WEN Sliding Doors.
Our Sliding Doors from JELD-WEN are a great way of combining modernity and tradition with their laid-back country style.
Our Sliding Doors Kits from Hafele allow you to convert a hinged door into a Sliding Door. This is a great way to create space and is a popular choice for homeowners. You don’t have to use Sliding Doors kits on a conventional Sliding Door. You can add Sliding Doors kits to a variety of different applications including kitchen cupboard doors, wardrobes,TV cabinets etc.
We also offer a range of Sliding Wardrobe Doors from SpacePro.
Our Sliding Doors are also available in a variety of sizes
How to Fit your Sliding Doors
If you’ve bought your Sliding Doors and are ready to fit them follow our step-by-step guide.
- Start by measuring your door frame. Measure above the door frame from the centre of your door opening
- Using a spirit level make sure that the frame of the door is level
- Measure and mark up the height for the Sliding Door tracks
- Attached the tracks to the frame of the door by pre drilling and screwing the tracks into position
- Measure and mark your Sliding Doors where you’re going to position the rollers on top of your doors
- Pre drill the marks you’ve made for the rollers then screw your rollers on. Make sure you do this on both sides of the door
- Loosen your rollers off the Sliding Doors so you can hang your doors on the tracks above the door frame
- Fit a guide at the base of each Sliding Door by screwing it to a wall. This is to make sure the Sliding Doors stay in place and don’t wobble around
- Adjust your doors using a spanner. Ensure they are both in place and in line
- Install stops in the centre of the tracks to stop the Sliding Doors sliding too far
You can refer to our handy guide on standard door sizes should you need any help installing your new door.